Monday, May 12, 2014

Motorcycle iron-on reflective material

I was very impressed with this motorcycle iron-on reflective material also available on Amazon.  After shipping, the price comes out about the same either place.  I was amazed how reflective it was and how well it stuck to the material.  After some rough use, it still hasn't shown any signs of peeling or cracking.  As you'll see below, as a student, I chose to apply it to a few of my backpacks I frequently use on my commute to school.  I even got creative with an Xacto knife and created my school's logo
This photo was taken with the flash on to illustrate how reflective it is.  In the daylight it appears as a light silver/grey color.  Follow the instructions exactly for application.  Iron it for a thorough amount of time.  Take off the protective layer when you are finished.

If you have something to apply it to, I strongly recommend this product.  You can get a lot of reflective material in very visible places.  Reflectors on the bicycle are small and below eye level.  I think this adds a significant amount of visibility.

You can also get black sew-on material for a similar price from the same site here.  The strips are shorter, but they come in 1", 2", and 4" instead of the 1" and 2" strips of iron on material.  I haven't tried the sew-on material, but I expect it is also very reflective.

Note: If you choose to apply this to a jacket, apply the 1" strips down the backs of the sleeves.  This will assist the motorist in identifying what they are seeing (arms, torso, wheels... bicyclist).

No comments:

Post a Comment